Parade Participant Information and Guidelines
Saturday November 16, 2019 at 10:30am. This year's theme is “12 Days of Christmas”
There is no entry fee! If you have any questions please contact Amy at 706-684-0369 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review the parade guidelines and share with everyone participating in your entry.
- The parade committee will review all entries and will approve or disapprove according to these regulations.
- Floats and vehicles should be decorated and are encouraged to conform to the set theme of this year’s parade “12 Days of Christmas.” No political statements or views should be displayed on any entry.
- A portable generator can be used but must be securely on the float and must have a dry chemical fire extinguisher on board.
- Music is encouraged. Amplified sounds other than holiday music will not be allowed.
- All motorized vehicles must be driven by properly licensed drivers over the age of 18.
- Candy can be gently tossed from vehicles/floats. Ensure candy reaches sidewalks and no one is hit.
- All parade participants are encouraged to dress festively in holiday attire or appropriate to the theme.
- The parade committee will provide a Santa Claus. No other live Santas will be allowed.
- In the staging area, vehicles must be attended by a driver at all times.
- Due to the number of expected entries and for the safety of all participants only floats and participating vehicles will be allowed into the staging area. Support vehicles carrying supplies and people are not allowed in the staging area. Parking is provided at YearOne so please plan accordingly.
- In cases of inclement weather: the parade will only be canceled if the Braselton Police Department deems, based on local weather advisors, that conditions outside will be unsafe.
- All entries need to be pre-registered. No day of parade entries will be allowed.
Parking for parade participants and drop off area is provided at YearOne. Entrance greeter will all direct cars not in the parade to this area. Group leaders are encouraged to have a drop off and pick up plan for children. All vehicles should enter the Tech Center from Hwy 53!
Day of Parade Timeline:
All vehicles should enter the Tech Center from Hwy 53! (unless otherwise instructed)
8:00am – 9:00am Floats to be judged arrive for check in Do not arrive before 8:00am!
8:45am – 10:00am All other entries arrive for check in Do not arrive before 8:45am unless your entry is being judged!
9:15am – 9:45am Float judging will begin.
10:05am All entries should be checked in and in assigned positions
10:10am Vehicles will not be permitted into staging area at this time
10:20am Safety meeting by church bell. All drivers and a representative should attend
10:30am Parade starts!
Float Contest: $50 cash prizes will be awarded to winners of 3 categories. Theme award (white ribbon) is given to the group that best represents the parade theme. Spirit Award (red) is given to the group that best represents the spirit of the holidays. Blue Ribbon Award (blue) is awarded to the group with an overall excellent presentation!
Go to Online Registration form